What does that mean?
- Firstly, it means that the Producers, Importers and Brand Owners (PIBOs) has to understand what kind of material it introduces into the environment – whether it can be recycled, if yes how and where, if not, how to scientifically dispose it and where?
- Then a PIBO must have a plan to collect all that material in a form that will be accepted for recycling or energy recovery or other environmentally friendly way of processing
- Next is to find a recycler/ processor that can recycle/ process that material and transport the same to the facility
- The most important thing – the cost of doing all this has to be borne by the PIBOs.
Brands displayed are for indication purpose only
- Production of plastic/ plastic products
- Packaging of products in plastic
- Consumption of the products to leave back plastic as a waste
- Collection of waste plastic
- Transportation of the waste
- Disposal/ Recycling to end the plastic life or revamp it to make a new product
- Monitoring of these processes and keeping a record.